Monday, April 5, 2010

Pantai Seafood @ Kg Sg Kayu Ara


Cheese Baked Japanese Snails- RM1.50/pc; Yin Yang Kailan- RM12

Just like most of you out there, meal times are my favourite time of the day. And I especially love it when someone suggests for a pig out session or food adventures. Recently I found that a friend/colleague who shares the same passion for food as I do (although she doesn't blog like I do but is very supportive of my blog heehee) and lunch was our favouritest time at work!

My friend suggested to try out Pantai Seafood @ Kg Sg Kayu Ara. For those who do not know Kayu Ara area... don't be intimidated by the name, it's actually somewhere tucked in between SS2/Uptown - Bandar Utama area (before BU toll).

My friend ordered a few dishes she read over the net- Cheese baked Japanese snails at RM1.50/pc. I always enjoy having escargots and shellfishes so I like this one as well, but having 1 pc is not enough and not really cheap too, so we rationed at 2 pcs each. The Yin Yang kailan has gained popularity in the recent years that you can find this almost everywhere at every Chinese restaurants. I love both the deep fried leaves part and the crunchy stir fried stems.


Scotland Clams with Garlic- RM138/kg

Well this one, guys, is really a very expensive clam. At RM138/kg these clams were probably rare with crystals and diamonds. It was so expensive that each person was only limited to 1 pc. To be honest, I don't think it's worth that price- would rather spend the same amount of money for a big bowl of lala instead. Oh well, there's always a first time anyway.


Sweet and spicy crabs; Claypot butter cream crabs; Fried mantou- RM3/bun

We ordered 2 styles of crabbies- in sweet and spicy gravy and butter cream. Both styles were nice, the gravy excellent with the mantou/ white rice. The crabs though not very excellent were good nonetheless to complete our seafood meal.

In total, we paid about RM50/head for the 6 of us- the bulk of the bill contributed by the very expensive clams from Scotland.


Pantai Seafood
Jalan Cempaka,
Kg Sg Kayu Ara,
47400 PJ.
Tel: 03-7725 5099


[disclaimer: the opinions expressed here are based on my personal views, tastebuds and preference and may vary for others. please dont sue me, i dont have money. kthxbye.]

7 comments:

Calvin Goh said...

mmmm.... I want my fresh seafood!!!

KY said...

waaaa making me hungers!

CathJ said...

Oh that called Yin Yang kailan... now I know :)

YilingL said...

Calvin,
You had your lobsters, oysters, sashimies.....

KY,
Ya! It's making me hungry too!

Cath J,
Yeaps, some other places call it 2-style/ Twins kai lan.

eiling lim said...

i want to eat ze snails!

YilingL said...

Eiling,
Joms!

Anonymous said...

Comment transférer des signets de Firefox d'un ordinateur portable à un autre ordinateur portable?

 
template by suckmylolly.com