Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hing Ket Grill House, Kampung Jawa Klang


Grilled Squid (RM6)

Read so much about Hing Ket Grill House in Klang that some time a month ago, I decided that enough is enough - it's about time I give this much raved grill house a visit!


Grilled Crab (RM30)

Fortunately, this place is near where I live though it's hidden a fair bit deep in after exiting from the highway, but nowhere is unfound with the help of GPS! Parking is quite limited though I don't think it's impossible to find any parking. We ordered a few grilled favourites to sample but the much raved and reviewed grilled lamb was the main anticipation.


Grilled stingray (RM17)

Since the grilled lamb is the main star, let's talk about it later and go through the other dishes first. We ordered a portion of everything, the grilled squid portion was a tad too small to be honest. The grilled seafood fared well, fresh and nicely grilled. Delicious but not to the extent of getting me to rave about it though.


Grilled lamb (RM19)

Then came the star. I'd say, it lived up to the expectations that I had - juicy, not too gamy, it has a nice grilled lamb-ish smell and taste with burnt chargrilled bits. There is nothing to dislike about this as we go to order a second portion for takeaway!


Stir fried vegetable - Choy Tam (RM8)

With so much grilled food, nothing more satisfying (or perfect balance) to chomping on some crisp stir fried choy tam.

The lamb was definitely the star of the night, but I find the prices pretty steep. The dinner and takeaway cost about RM100+.



Hing Ket Grill House
Lot 3569 Batu 3¼,
Kampung Jawa, 41000 Klang.
Tel: 03-3371 3913 or 3371 0861
Business Hours: 11:30am - 2:30pm; 5:30pm - 10:30pm


* Visuals by iPhone 4


[Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are based on my personal views, tastebuds and preference and may vary for others. Please don't sue me, I don't have money. Kthxbye.]

2 comments:

KY said...

one of my fav crab place! :D

YilingL said...

KY,
Oooh make it my fav grilled lamb place!

 
template by suckmylolly.com