Sunday, May 17, 2009

Snowflake Taiwanese Dessert Secrets


Snowflake Taiwanese Dessert Secrets

Dessert places are mushrooming everywhere but I have never really been to one proper dessert place except the overrated KTZ. My friends recommended this humble little shop in Subang which specializes in Taiwanese desserts.


Beeping UFO

The first time I saw this beeping device was in Perth. This is especially useful for self-service places, where you order, pay and then wait for your food/drinks to be ready for collection. Yes, it beeps and vibrates to let you know your desserts are ready!


Snowflake Bestseller- RM5.50
Grass jelly + Grass jelly ice + Taroballs + Creamer


Grass Jelly Ice Series- RM4.90
Barley + Pearl

My friends recommended the Snowflake Bestseller. After a hot steamboat dinner, the dessert was a delightful, refreshing end to a meal.



This is the first time I had Taiwanese desserts. I know it's weird to see creamer being added into such desserts but actually it was pretty good.



I especially love the taro balls as they are chewy and provided me some jaw exercise, much similar to eating glutinous rice balls.

I would recommend Snowflake and the Bestseller dessert to anyone :)


Snowflake
No.61A, First Floor,
Jalan SS15/8A,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor.
Tel: 017-623 8966


[disclaimer: the opinions expressed here are based on my personal views, tastebuds and preference and may vary for others. please dont sue me, i dont have money. kthxbye.]

14 comments:

Cindy Khor said...

if i were to go back malaysia like 1 year later, will malaysia be full of desserts from all over the world?? i certainly hope so, as i love sweet stuff...hehe

Anonymous said...

Grass Jelly Ice Series- RM4.90
Barley + Pearl +[you're missing lotus seed]

Are all the desserts served cold/chilled? Or ice is added?

It reminds me of the desserts that can be found in the SS15 market chap fan.

Agnes Cheong said...

When I first open ur webpage I tot Chinese New Year is coming bcoz of those lanterns LOL

Huai Bin said...

I like the desserts. :)

Beeping UFO eh, never seen that around here. I'll go check this place out.

KY said...

oo looks lovely!

Katie said...

I am a big fan of desserts that look delicious and this one looks a little intimidating for me! What does it taste like? Maybe next time I see something like this I will give it a go!

J2Kfm said...

creamer, for real?
fresh, condensed, or evaporated milk would be nice as well.

thanks for sharing.

YilingL said...

Cindy,
Haha since we've been making alot of embarassing news in the international news channels lately, Msians need sweet stuff to soften their hearts and mouth a little. Hehe.

Calvin,
Well that's what is written in the menu. Desserts are mostly chilled but there are also hot items too.

Agnes,
LOL. U must have thought I have been so lazy now I'm writing backdated post eh!

HB,
I like them too :D Don't be too jakun with the UFO. Hehehe.

KY,
Yeps it does!

Katie,
It has a very special kind of taste. Got some gula melaka flavour, grass jelly... and I like the taro balls. Nice to chew on :D

J2Kfm,
It's referred to as 'creamer' on the menu but I think it's evaporated milk lah.

Lydia said...

lol yiling, when i return to malaysia this year, your blog will be my main reference when it comes to dining out. this place seems like a gem!

YilingL said...

Lydia,
Haha I'll be very honoured indeed. Yes perhaps you should make a trip back to Subang as well too and see how much/little it has changed :)

Visu said...

Hai there, I really like your review, on behave of bestfoodjunction.com, we have the above review posted
on http://my.bestfoodjunction.com/snowflake-taiwanese-dessert-secrets/ let me know what do you think...

email: bfjteam@bestfoodjunction.com

Regine :) said...

Erm, I'm Regine, someone you don't know. Can i ask what's the name of snowflake's best seller? Just reply me by posting a comment in my blog, www.blueberrybanana123.blogspot.com
Thanks (:

ai wei said...

found a lovely food blog. thanks for sharing up. i always wanna come here but that's toooooo far away. sigh

YilingL said...

Visu,
Hi, erm I don't see any reviews posted there?

Regine,
Sorry for the late late reply as I didn't get a notification for yr comment. The bestseller is just called "Snowflake Bestseller".

ai wei,
Thanks. Where do you stay?

 
template by suckmylolly.com